ISCF Transforming Food Production Competition Briefing Event
Wednesday 29th August 2018, Birmingham or Webinar
Earlier this year, the UK Government announced £90 million of new funding to help businesses, researchers and industry to transform food production, as part of the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund. The first Transforming Food Production competition has now been announced, with £20 million funding for innovation projects that improve productivity and sustainability by developing enhanced decision support, precision agriculture technology solutions and systems for crop and ruminant (e.g. cattle, sheep, goats) agriculture.
The competition is looking to fund a portfolio of projects, across a variety of technologies, markets and technological maturities. They are particularly encouraging applications that:
- bring new businesses and technologies into the UK precision agriculture sector
- include farmer or grower involvement and/or endorsement
The competition scope includes projects that combine digital technologies and engineering solutionswith biological, environmental and/or social science, and the transfer of technology from another sector into agriculture.
KTN is hosting a briefing event for this competition to provide potential applicants with the opportunity to:
- hear about the objectives and scope of the funding programme
- network and develop ideas and partnerships for the competition
- meet with UK Research and Innovation, KTN, and wider stakeholders
UK Research and Innovation, through the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund, will invest up to £20 million in innovation projects. These must improve productivity and sustainability by developing enhanced decisions support, precision agriculture technology solutions and systems for crop and ruminant agriculture. The aim of this competition is to drive productivity and sustainability in crop and ruminant production systems.
Projects can include:
- combining digital technologies and engineering solutions with biological, environmental and/or social science
- developing technologies and solutions that connect farms and supply chains
- transferring technology from another sector into agriculture, providing this requires innovation
- 20th August 2018 - Competition opens
- 29th August 2018 - Briefing event
- 24th October 2018 at 12:00pm - Competition closes