The Wales Technology Awards 2017 are open for entries!
The ESTnet would like to invite ALL companies within the electronic and software technologies industry in Wales to enter the Wales Technology Awards 2017 – a celebration of success in tech and its impact in Wales and beyond.
The ESTnet Awards have been THE industry event for the electronic and software technologies industry in Wales for the last 4 years, regularly attracting over 400 guests to the gala ceremony at its spiritual home – the Wales Millennium Centre.
The Wales Technology Awards are the ESTnet Awards 2.0, taking the best of a good thing and making it better.
The name has changed but the principle is the same:
- For you, it’s a chance to shout about your company and its great people, or about the great companies and people you’ve worked with.
- For all of us it’s a chance to shout about the impact and importance of the technology industry in Wales – how it punches above its weight across the globe.
So take a look at the categories and enter today, we can’t wait to see you all on 22 June at the Wales Millennium Centre.
Book your tables here
Interested in becoming a Wales Technology Awards Partner? Find out more.
So what’s changed and why?
The technology industry in Wales has changed so much since the first ESTnet Awards in 2013. You told us that we needed a name to embrace those changes, a name which represents the 39,000 people and 3,110 companies that make the industry so important to our country – the Wales Technology Awards - powered by the ESTnet, were born.
Some categories have changed based on the feedback from past Awards. This told us that:
- Our industry enables other sectors such as health, education, creative, finance…. it’s important to recognise that extraordinary impact. The new Best Tech Adopter award does just that.
- The technology industry benefits from external investment. We need to recognise and reward the faith and vision of the individuals and companies who have helped to make some great Welsh ideas reality. The Tech Investor of the Year category aims to reward them.
- The new talent in the industry extends beyond our young engineers and apprentices. The Best New Talent award recognises interns, apprentices, graduates and career switchers - anybody that’s talented and new to the industry.
- We are blessed with amazing leaders in Wales, their talent and ambition drive their companies to success. The Technology Leader of the Year award will reward their incredible vision and commitment.
- There are many companies in Wales doing well by doing good; by addressing gender inequality, social responsibilities or environmental impact. These companies deserve recognition. The new Industry Trailblazer award will address this.
Not all categories have changed, the firm favourites remain.
How to enter and nominate
The whole process has been simplified. It’s now an online form with no files to upload and specific questions to ensure consistency and fair play across all categories. Take a look here.
The Wales Technology Awards 2017 will take place on 22 June, on what we are sure will be a fine, warm, dry and sunny evening. It will still be at the Wales Millennium Centre and it will still be a formal occasion befitting the prestige of the industry. The one addition will be the after show party, giving us all a bit longer to celebrate our collective success and do an extra bit of networking.
It may seem a long time away, but why wait? You can book your tables and tickets today at a discounted rate.