12-16 March 2018, Melbourne
Application Deadline: 24 November 2017
Registration: Apply here to participate
The Innovate UK Future Cities Missions are designed for UK innovators in the Advanced Urban Services sector. The missions are a valuable opportunity to build new business collaborations overseas.
The next Future Cities Mission is to Australia in March 2018. The pre-mission programme will begin in January, once the company selection process is complete.
Within the programme, UK companies learn about market opportunities and business culture, develop a tailored pitch and then travel to Australia to meet prospective partners, investors and customers as well as visit local pioneering future cities projects.
Innovate UK’s mission partners are the Department of International Trade (DIT), the Future Cities Catapult, the Knowledge Transfer Network and open innovation experts 100%Open.
What does the mission consist of?
As part of the mission programme, your company will enjoy the following benefits:
1. Attend a bespoke International Readiness Workshop
- Join market briefings, trade delegations and investor readiness training in preparation for the mission
- Network with key UK companies participating in the mission
- Get to know project sponsors in large built environment firms
- Attend a high-profile programme launch
2. Travel to Australia
- Raise your company profile in one of the biggest smart cities markets
- Increase your business prospects by meeting with potential customers and city procurement managers from Australia through a facilitated meeting programme and guided site visits
- Explore exporting globally by meeting with DIT's commercial advisers
- Attend in-market exclusive networking events
3. Become part of a thriving Future Cities network
- Join the Future Cities alumni network where companies have exclusive access to international business opportunities and relevant events
- Receive introductions to meet trade delegations and other businesses
- Learn from past and future missions
Who should attend?
Missions are open to UK registered micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and urban innovators who have been trading for a minimum of 12 months. These innovative and high growth potential SMEs will be looking for Australian customers, partners or investment within one of the following advanced urban services themes:
- Infrastructure: energy, waste and water management, telecoms, security and safety, built environment
- Smart mobility: transport, parking, traffic management and road safety
- Governance: urban planning
- Health: assisted living, telehealth, air quality
- Technology infrastructure: IoT, systems integration, data analytics, smart grid
Some of Australia’s city challenges, and hence drivers of demand for advanced urban services, are as follows
- An ageing population
- Resilience to climate change
- Water scarcity
- Urban sprawl
- Housing affordability
Apply here to participate for the Future Cities Mission to Australia