Increase Productivity, Performance and Quality in UK Construction.
Innovate UK, as part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £12.5 million in innovative projects to transform the UK construction sector.
This competition looks at improving productivity, quality and performance and aims to improve upon three main stages of the construction lifecycle:
- Designing and managing buildings through digitally-enabled performance management.
- Constructing quality buildings using a manufacturing approach.
- Powering buildings with active energy components and improving build quality.
Innovate UK are looking to fund collaborative projects that develop technologies, processes and business models that can:
- Deliver new built assets 50% faster and 33% cheaper
- Half the lifetime carbon emissions
- Improve whole-life performance
Solutions need to improve productivity, quality and performance of the UK construction sector. Projects must address the objectives of the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund on Transforming Construction and show how they will contribute to its impact. Projects will be prioritised which demonstrate cross-sector collaboration and scalable solutions.
Proposals must be UK based for-profit business.
Projects must start by December 2018 and end by December 2020.
Available: £12.5 million
Registration opens: 23rd July 2018, 00:00
Registration closes: 19th Sep 2018, 12:00
For more information and to register for funding, click here.