Job Description - The Role
Division: Service Division
Hours of work: Full time, 39 hours a week
Grade: £24,000 - £29,000 dependent on experience
We are currently looking for a suitable candidate to fulfil the role of Product support Engineer within the Sony Pencoed service repair division.The Sony UKTEC Service Operation is the central repair operation for Sony Products from LCD TV’s to Digital cameras, both end customer and dealer items are returned for testing and repair. This will be a varied and challenging role whereby the successful candidate will be responsible for both ensuring a smooth introduction of new products into the operation and providing technical support throughout the product life.
- Project Management
- Technical Product evaluation & assessment
- Technical Investigation/Fault Finding
- Technical Report Writing
- Customer Liaison
- Analytical analysis of process data (SPC, Six sigma etc)
- Delivery of technical Training lectures
- Responsible for presenting/chairing and coordinating progress review meetings with all departments and ensuring clear communication between all parties.
The successful candidate must have a strong technical ability and will be expected to gain a deep understanding of a wide range of Sony consumer products, as well as a thorough knowledge of the service processes/workflow. The engineer is also required to gain “hands on” technical experience with the products to ensure he or she can carry out full investigations and evaluations of faulty units. Compiling reports suitable to share with our external colleagues. Day to Day this role will involve providing technical support to all areas of the service process, identifying areas for improvement and ensuring these improvements are actioned. Whilst some training will of course be given, the successful candidate will be expected to have the ability to research and gather knowledge on the operations and processes relevant to their products.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A knowledge of electronics and electrical systems, as well as technology in general.
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing and assembly processes an advantage
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership of tasks
- Willing to travel internationally
- Able to work as part of a team and have strong communication skills.
It is anticipated the successful applicant will have an HND or Bachelor’s degree in a technical (preferably electronics biased) discipline.
Salary and Benefits
What we can offer:
- A competitive salary £24,000 - £29,000 (dependent on experience)
- Generous Company pension scheme
- Opportunity to receive a target related annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave in addition to public holidays
- Onsite gym
- Onsite, secure car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Access to discounted Sony products
- Private health care (subject to service)
Sony UK TEC
Pencoed Technology Park, Pencoed CF35 5HZ
Nature of Business:
Sony UK Technology Centre
To apply for this role please submit a tailored CV to PencoedVacancies@eu.sony.com