Job Description - The Role
If you have the ability to build strong relationships and you’re looking for a varied role where you can put your commercial acumen and client focused approach to excellent use in an exciting, up-beat environment, then you don’t want to miss this opportunity to make your mark as part of a growing organisation where your professional development will be encouraged and supported.
Who will I be working with?
RFIDdirect is a specialist supplier of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology within the European market, with headquarters based in Mold, Flintshire, and a subsidiary in Kleve, Germany. The company specialises in quality products applications and solutions designed to tackle common production and logistical chain issues to speed up business cycles across a range of sectors, from manufacturing and retail, to healthcare and horticulture.
RFIDdirect has always invested in the ethos that staff are its greatest asset, actively encouraging and supporting its employees to further develop their learning and to bring new ideas to the table. Having recently been shortlisted for several innovation and technology awards, this is an exciting time to join the business as it aims to increase its market share of the growing RFID market in 2018 and beyond.
As Technical Sales Engineer, you’ll work to build strong and lasting relationships with existing customers, whilst actively pursuing new sales and business opportunities to support the continued growth of the business. Your duties will include but not be limited to:
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Efficiently responding to inbound sales enquiries, whilst proactively seeking new business opportunities and booking own appointments
- Assessing customers’ technical requirements and recommending appropriate components and/or solutions, whilst maximising cross selling and upselling opportunities where appropriate
- Preparing price proposals in pre-sales phases, and following-up on the proposal to convert into sales
- Providing technical training to customers
- Attending networking events and exhibitions, either as a guest, exhibitor or speaker
- Reporting on sales activities, ensuring that the CRM database remains up-to-date at all times
Salary and Benefits
- Proven experience in sales and business development, gained within a production/manufacturing environment
- A technical and commercial mindset
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build long lasting professional relationships
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail
- Strong IT skills, with sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and ideally WordPress
- High standards of numeracy and literacy
- A positive and pro-active approach to work, with a “can do” attitude
- Ability to work on own initiative, as well as part of a team
- Flexibility towards duties, and a willingness to learn new skills
- Willingness to travel as required
You will be working within an international business, where your professional development will be supported and your ideas and suggestions encouraged.
Restrictions / Screening
Salary: £20,000 to £28,000 level dependent on experience
Additional Benefits: Support for further education, pension contribution scheme, an attractive company-wide bonus scheme, and a pool-car for business use.
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Location: Mold, Flintshire
Unit 1 Office 8
Stephen Gray Road,
Nature of Business:
JVP is working in partnership with RFIDdirect to support their recruitment process and therefore will be completing the initial shortlist. Please note that shortlisted applicants will initially be contacted by JVP to undertake a telephone interview.
All applications to be submitted online and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.